Health Insurance: Get the Facts, Make an Informed Decision
Looking for essential information on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act – also known as the Affordable Care Act, ACA, Obamacare, and healthcare reform? Visit our Healthcare Reform page.
If you are thinking about buying an individual or family health plan from New Mexico Health Connections, please see our Plans for Individuals & Families page for information on what benefits and services are and are not covered and what out-of-pocket costs you can expect to pay.
If you are an employer considering a New Mexico Health Connections health plan for your employees, please visit our Plans for Employers & Organizations page. You will find information on what benefits and services are and are not covered and what out-of-pockets you can expect to pay.
Choosing a health plan is an important decision. We want to provide you with all the information you need to choose the best plan for you. Click on the link below for an overview of:
- The availability of the providers and practitioners in our network.
- Our utilization management guidelines (how we make decisions on medical necessity and appropriateness of care).
- Any limitations on our services or covered benefits.
- Information on our formulary – also called a drug list – and your prescription drug benefits.
- How we keep your Protected Health Information (PHI) safe.
View a PDF that gives you information on our procedures and policies that can affect your healthcare.